Heartbeat of the Community
Donations and Sponsorship Program
The Isla Vista Food Cooperative is pleased to offer small financial and in-kind donations to a variety of local community groups through our Heartbeat of the Community Outreach and Donations Program. The purpose of this program is to serve the general welfare of our members and of the public by providing assistance for projects aimed at the betterment of the community.
Please familiarize yourself with the different types of donations we offer before filling out the donation request form.
Gift Card or Product Donation: Most of our support is provided in the form of Co-op Gift Cards, generally $50.00 or less. These can be used to purchase goods from the Co-op, snacks for meetings, handouts for information tables, as door/raffle prizes, as fundraising auction items (etc.) Occasionally we are able to fill requests for donated products or other items. Please have in mind exactly what you are looking for.
Program: We facilitate programs such as store tours and food tastings, food demonstrations, educational workshops, and tabling events. Programs may be hosted at the co-op or at an outside location. All programs are accompanied by food samples. See the attached document for a complete list of program options. [Attach program list]
Food Sourcing: We are sometimes asked to help coordinate food for larger events. Even if we are not donating the food itself, assisting in the planning process can be time consuming and is thus considered a donation.
Wholesale: The Isla Vista Food Co-op Wholesale Donation Program is a resource that allows you to offer participants of your larger-scale event high quality food at a significantly reduced price. This program is defined by the ordering of case and bulk-bag quantities, rather than off-the-shelf retail purchasing.
Please allocate at least one-month notice for these requests, as they require special ordering, preparation, and coordination. The Co-op is happy to work with you to help plan wholesale food donations, but you MUST schedule a planning meeting with our Marketing Manager no less than one month prior to your expected event date. You also must have access to email and Microsoft Excel to be eligible for Wholesale Donations, as this program relies on these methods of organization.
Our financial confines require us to be selective with our donations. Donations are given to non-partisan organizations that are in compliance with the following criteria:
1. Your organization is focused around one of the subjects listed below:
· Environment and Sustainability
· Health and Wellness
· Food Security and Self Sufficiency
· Community Building
· Conscious Consumption and Living
2. Your request must be made at least three weeks in advance: We have a limited monthly donations budget that we allocate on a first come, first serve basis. It is therefore in your best interest to submit your request as early as possible.
3. Your event is well organized: Please help us to make our time meaningful by being well prepared.
4. IVFC Recognition: In exchange for our donation we ask that you recognize us in the following ways, as applicable.
· Create 1-2 social media posts about the IVFC and link them to our Facebook page
· Link our Facebook page to your event page
· Include the IVFC logo on your event flier
· Verbally recognize the Isla Vista Food Co-op at your event
· Display passive information at the event, such as IVFC fliers or a thank you sign
Please use our full name, the Isla Vista Food Co-op, in all official references to our business. We love sharing our "Isla Vista" Pride!
5. If we are unable to accommodate your request: Unfortunately we are not able to accommodate all donation requests. If your request is not fulfilled we will do our best to assist your cause by offering you a 10% discount on your purchase.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your detailed and timely request. Due to a high volume of emails, please allow 3 days for a response, and 5 days if you request is sent over the weekend.